Cucumber Avocado salad is a delicious and healthy side a warm summer day. It also makes a great in-between-meals snack, and it’s great as a dip!
The ingredients listed below are easily found as either loose produce, in the bulk aisle, or in glass containers. Hopefully you can find a refill service in your area or local co-op.
Herbs are difficult to find free of plastic packaging. For these items, I strongly recommend puechssing them from a farmers market where the vendors are usually happy to utilize your own bags, or even better, grow your own! Even in the winter, a small herb garden can be kept inside by a sunny window.
- 1 large avocado, diced (loose produce)
- 1 cucumber, diced (loose produce)
- 1 Tbsp red onion, minced (loose produce)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped (loose produce)
- 2 Tbsp. chives, chopped (loose produce)
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil (refill, glass)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (loose produce)
- 1/2tsp. dijon mustard (glass)
- 1/2 tsp. fresh minced garlic (loose produce)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (bulk food)
- 1/4 tsp. fresh cracked pepper (bulk food)
1.) In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
2.) In a large bowl, add all other chopped ingredients and pour on the dressing. Toss to coat evenly.
3.) Serve directly from bowl or pour salad into sealable, reusable containers to bring on a picnic or to the beach.