- Not only is this recipe vegan, it’s super easy to make. All the ingredients are easily found in either the bulk aisle, or in glass bottles. Either way, avoiding plastic packaging is a no-brainer with this pie dough recipe!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1 cup of coconut oil (cold)
- 8 to 10 tablespoons icy ice water
1.) Mix together flour, sugar, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. You can also use a food processor.
2.) Add the coconut oil by the teaspoonful, and mix/pulse until the the crumbs are pea-size.
3.) Add ice water and mix/pulse until evenly combined. (Squish a handful of dough together in your palm, if it can hold its shape, you’re good to go. If the mixture is very powdery, mix in anther 1 to 2 tablespoons ice water.)
4.) Divide the dough into two chunks, you can wrap them in compostable parchment paper to make things easier. You can roll it out to use right away, or store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week until you’re ready.
Now that you’ve got your pie dough, time to fill it. We recommend your Cherry Pie Recipe!