But you can only find orange juice in plastic, you can use water instead. You can also almond milk or soy milk, but I can only find these in non-recyclable tetrapaks, AKA long shelf life cartons, so I avoid them.
- 1 cup of powdered sugar (bulk section, or packaged in paper)
- 2-3 tablespoons of orange juice or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or other extract (optional, available in glass)
- Pour one cup of powdered sugar in a medium bowl and mix in 2-3 tablespoons of orange juice (or water).
- Stir until well blended, if too runny, add more powdered sugar, if too thick, add more liquid.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight.
- Mix in vanilla extract, this is optional (you can also use almond, orange, or any flavor you like!)
- Spread on cookies.
Want some color in your life?
Add a few drops of All-natural homemade food coloring to really make that frosting pop!