🎃🎃 Happy Halloween everyone!
I was craving these pumpkin cake cookies and knew the stores would only sell them in plastic. So, very late last night, I baked batches in between homework and cleaning. The recipe is a cinch, and the ingredients are easily found in the bulk aisle or in glass or paper packaging.
2 and 1/2 cups flour – bulk or paper packaging
1 tspn baking soda – bulk or cardboard box
1 tspn baking powder – bulk or cardboard box
1 tspn cinnamon – bulk or glass container
1/2 tspn nutmeg – bulk or glass container
1/2 tspn salt – bulk or glass container
1 1/2 cups sugar – bulk, paper, or cardbaord packaging
1/2 cup coconut oil – bulk or glass container
1 cup baked, pureed pumpkin meat – loose produce or last resort: canned
1/2 banana OR 1/4 apple sauce – bulk or glass container
1 teaspoon vanilla extract – bulk or glass container
Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda,baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar, vanilla and coconut oil until well blended. Stir in pureed pumpkin meat and apple sauce.
- Pour the the flour mixture into the large bowl a little at a time, but do not overmix. The batter should be an even and somewhat thick but creamy consistency.
- Use a tablespoon to make a rounded ball, do not flatten.
- Bake for 15 min, or until you can stick a fork in the center of the thickest cookie and it comes out clean.
- Wait until cool before glazing.
For the glaze:
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of almond milk (or milk substitute)
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Mix ingredients together and immediately drizzle over cookies.